Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Sunday, October 02, 2011
I figured out at some point that I tend to try new things, figure out I can do them (or can't) and then be done with them. Mainly cooking kinds of things these days.
- Last year I made a lot of ice cream and I haven't made any since.
- This summer I made some crackers. They were pretty good, and they're easy enough that I could make them pretty frequently, but since I know I can, I don't feel the need to.
- I also made a bunch of pickles this summer. Most of them were okay. I haven't broken into the pickled skapes yet...
- Over the last two weeks, I decided to make truffles. They are probably an experiment not yet complete, but they're also hard to screw up, so I think that might be getting checked off the list now too.
- Today, it's pumpkin seeds, though I haven't yet decided what to do with the pumpkin.
- Many years ago it was riding a motorcycle. That was fun, until I didn't pass the test, which I'm okay with. I feel that if there is ever a situation in which I must ride a motorcycle, I'll remember enough to get away (because its gotta be like riding a bike, right?!)
If you've got suggestions for the next things to try, let me know....