- sample(s) of chocolate covered carmel corn at Marvelous Market (break open a bag, steal one, beg them to give you a sample - this stuff is amazing, but too expensive to actually buy. That, and there's more sugar in one piece than a small nation should eat in a day)
- grilled cheese soup at camp last week (really not so remarkable but for the fact that they were not also accompanied by fish sticks)
- Julia Alvarez's most recent novel, Saving the World (excellent)
- Dennis including a poem in the all-office email reminding us that the summer dress code is changing back to the winter dress code (this makes no difference to me whatsoever)
- the dog that I see by the metro every so often that has spots meant for a Holstein cow
- not being able to decide whether to get a cold fountain drink or hot coffee at the gas station/convenience store and deciding to get both (And then there was a question of whether to go with cubed ice or crushed....)
This is just a small sampling. It clearly doesn't take too much to inspire me. Actually writing is a different story.