Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Mega-Event

What do you get when you cram 4000 trip participants, a lot of VIPs, tons of balloons, and fireworks into the Sultan's Pool? The first mega-event of the season. It was actually a good one, especially once they resolved the technical glitches. The fact that all of these people were in a venue that only had two discernable exits, both of which were long staircases up was of some concern to me, but we got out early and avoided the insanity.

There was a fire near my apartment today. When I drove by later a small field was all blackened. I'm not sure if it was an accidental fire or an intentional burn. All I know was that sometime in the middle of the afternoon I smelled some smoke, looked out the window, saw a lot of smoke and what looked like paper flying around and then shut the windows tight. That posed a different problem because it's pretty hot today and it soon became rather stifling. Needless to say, I survived....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

obviously like your web-site but you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very troublesome to tell the reality then again I will certainly come back again.


my webpage; vehicle insurance for business ()