Sunday, April 06, 2008

Traveling

Here's the thing about flying these days. And not actually these days, for the last several years. You have to take your shoes off at security. Everyone knows that. Even people that don't fly know that. And yet, somehow, I am always either immediately in front of, or worse, behind, someone who has yet to hear this news.

This morning, thankfully, the person was right behind me. She looked to somewhere in her 30s or maybe early 40s and didn't seem like the type that was taking her first flight ever. Now I realize I am in the airport fairly frequently (but not nearly as much as some other people I know) but I think that if you've flown in the US anytime in the last 5 years, which I would venture to guess is a lot of people, you shouldn't be surprised when you're asked to take your shoes off at security. Or finish your water. Or take your laptop out of your bag. Or take your jacket off. Or not put your boarding pass through the scanner. Or.....

No comments: