Thursday, October 26, 2006

Evaluations

I got back from Chicago on Monday morning, and then spent the last two days in Philadelphia. And I'm headed back to Chicago this weekend through next Wednesday. It's enough already!

Philly and the next Chicago trip (and the LA trip a week and a half) after that are all for staff training. And on the drive back from Philly today, I started reading all of the evaluations. Most of them were pretty good, and people actually took the time to write things out, so that's good in and of itself. I can't remember the whole exact phrase written by one participant, but the bottom line was "Andrea was rude and condescending." Whatever.

This was someone who came up to me after the first session of the day and said that she hadn't checked out of the hotel. Why? Because she hadn't looked at the schedule and didn't know that we weren't going back any time during the day. Her flight wasn't until 7:45pm, so she figured she could just leave everything there. She said most check-out times weren't until at least noon. I told her I had no idea what time check-out was and suggested that she go back and check out as soon as possible. So she thinks I'm rude and condescending? I'm ok with that.

Strangely enough, she also said good things about one of the sessions I led, so I give her credit for not letting her negative feelings toward me cloud her ability to learn from me. Maybe she can also learn to read the conference schedule next time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get set up? I'm assuming
having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% positive.
Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Also visit my website: comparing car insurances