Saturday, October 14, 2006

My name is...

I was out tonight, sat down with a book, looked up, and said, "Hi Christine." I'd never seen Christine before, and she'd never seen me, resulting in a puzzled look on her face when I greeted her. She politely replied "hello", but it was really more of a question. I then mentioned that she was still wearing a nametag. She was clearly at some conference or business meeting (it wasn't a sticky "Hello my name is..." tag) and in big printed letters her badge read "Christine".

She looked down, looked a little embarrassed and said, "I can't believe they let me walk out with that!". And then, she sat down and drank her coffee. And left her name tag on.

Friends came to join her, she got up to get more coffee, they chatted the night away, and everyone knew her name. I guess maybe she really was that friendly....

No comments: