Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Terry Pratchett and the Scrambled Egg Taco

A few weeks ago I saw that Terry Pratchett, an author I like, was coming to speak at the local Borders tonight. The books are fairly creative and very funny, and I wanted to see what he was like in person. So I went and found out that in person, he is very creative and very funny. The audience appeared to be a mix of children and Star Trek fans (sans uniforms). And it was packed. I got there at 7:00 when it was supposed to start, and it was clear that some folks had been there for an hour already, jostling for prime seats and floor space. In the mean time, all these folks paid a lot of money for his new book (and his signature), and I've got it on hold waiting for me to pick up tomorrow at the library. Ok, it won't have his signature in it, but my guess is that the words are all in the same order.

I was pretty hungry when I got home. We had one tortilla left and I thought I would make scrambled eggs and make an egg burrito. I didn't pay attention to the fact that I'd bought small tortillas, and the last one in the bag was the runt of the litter. And I made too many scrambled eggs. I realize that there are many times in life where that is an oxymoron, but in this case, it was not. The tortilla didn't come close to closing, and I wound up with a sort of scrambled egg soft tortilla. I supposed I could have left some of the eggs out and had an egg tortilla with a side of eggs. But at the time, I just didn't think of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love your blog.. Great colors & theme. Did you make this web site yourself?
Please reply back as I'm planning to create my very own site and want to find out where you got this from or just what the theme is named. Thank you!

Feel free to visit my web blog massachusetts auto insurance