Friday, March 21, 2008

People Plan, Gd Laughs

There's an old Yiddish expression probably taken originally from somewhere in the Bible that roughly says "men plan and Gd laughs.

I almost wrote yesterday about how nice it's getting outside. The snow is finally melting and we can see more grass than ice. It feels like we're really on the brink of spring, which, in Milwaukee, is a great time.

And then, today, WHAM! We're getting a snowfall that could put us in the record books. The weather service is predicting up to 14 inches and any morning televisions shows have been pre-empted by "Weather Watch". I'm not sure why since there's nothing to watch but snow coming down.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we're about at the end of March. This should not be happening. I am not amused.

No comments: