Saturday, June 07, 2008

Saturday night at the Malcha Mall

Last night I decided to make a last ditch effort to find the shoes that a friend of mine asked me to bring back. I've looked in shoe stores all over the country to no avail. I figured this was about my last chance and the mall seemed like it should be promising.

I think half of the city had the same idea. Maybe they weren't looking for shoes, but it felt like a mall in the US on the day before Christmas. I've never seen so much traffic to get into the parking garage, the creative use of space to invent new parking spaces where none should exist, and then the hordes of people just wandering around once inside. And no, they weren't giving anything away. Evidently, it's like this every Saturday night.

And they didn't have the shoes.

No comments: