Monday, July 24, 2006

It's a fakus, no fakin'

If you read far enough into this article, you see that my cousin Boaz has been quoted. He'd offered to take me on a tour of the shuk to search for these culinary oddities but it never happened (all my fault). And the picture that he sent me (think of a regular cucumber, a little lighter green and hairy) is a huge file and I can't upload it, so you'll have to use your imagination.

The stranger thing about all of this is that a friend sent me the article just because she thought I'd find it interesting. Not knowing Boaz (or that he was quoted), or having any idea that I would know what this strange vegetable is.

2 comments:

Louisiana Joan said...

Who will be next?

This is the SECOND Gershovitz cousin you've seen quoted in the J/post - who will be next and will it take 26 years until the next time?
WHAT do you think are the chances that you would come across a cousin's name in an article sent to you by someone who did NOT know your cousin was in it?

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote
the book in it or something. I think that you could do
with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog.
A great read. I will certainly be back.

Take a look at my site - car and home insurance rates