Sunday, July 09, 2006

Packing

In general, I'm an excellent packer. But at this point, I'm ready to start filling the suitcase, and it's just not working for me. It could be that I'd really rather pack the two framed watercolors I bought rather than carry them on. And it could be that I have frozen rugelach I need to pack at the bottom, and if I do that, I'd just as soon leave them in the freezer until I absolutely have to take them out. A friend of mine just called to say goodbye and see how packing was going. I used the call as another good excuse to put off packing for another 20 minutes. And in the end, I'm sure I'll just throw everything in the suitcase and be done with it in 10 minutes.

What's left? Tons of calls to say goodbye to people. Last minute cleaning. I have to drop off a mini-orange plant at E's so she can water it so it doesn't return to the brown, dry state I found it in. Making some snacks for the plane. Filling the gas tank one last time on the rental car. Packing....

My flight is at midnight, and my guess is that the flight will leave late so that the pilots can watch the end of the Mondial. I land at 4:40am and have a few hours to wait for my flight to DC. I'm not going in to work on Monday, which is not the typical behavior for may of my colleagues in the office. Call me crazy, but I'm just not going to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear "Crazy", GOOD FOR YOU! Have a very safe trip home.....mom