Thursday, September 21, 2006

Chicken Soup

There was too much laughter at work today. My face hurts.

Ann told Christine that she could eat the chicken soup she brought that was in a Safeway bag in the fridge. So Christine went to the fridge, got out the Safeway bag, put the container in the microwave and ate the soup. She rinsed out the container and gave it back to Ann. While I wasn't present at this particular moment, I'm guessing that she also thanked her for the soup.

As it turns out, the next thing that Ann said was, "That's not my container." A very, very funny exchange then occured as Ann tried to explain that while Christine may have taken a container of soup out of a Safeway bag from the fridge, it was the wrong bag and definitely the wrong soup. Plus, as it turns out, Christine was wondering why there were lentils but no chicken in the soup, but she was too polite to ask Ann.

After it was determined that Ann's soup was still safely contained in a Safeway bag in the refrigerator, the question became: Whose soup was consumed by Christine. The thing is, all the rest of us heard was Ann and Christine laughing, and when we went to see what was happening, all we could see was Ann crying because she was laughing so hard. Which caused us to laugh, even though we had no idea yet what was happening. We just saw tears, a Safeway bag, and a clean soup container.

There were no takers for the container. Not everyone was in the office today, so we figured maybe it wasn't quite the mystery we thought, even though we still had no answers.

Which meant it was time for me to enter the picture. I went up to the 7th floor and got Wayne (our new President) to come down and ask if anyone had seen his soup. It was missing from the fridge....

He's not the greatest actor in the world, so Christine immediately smelled a plot against her. But since no one ever suspects me (I have NO idea why not), she thought it must be Aryeh, my boss. Ann was just glad she wasn't blamed (as she usually is for my hijinx).

In the end, the container belonged to Mimi and had been there for two weeks. It's now several hours later and Christine is not yet doubled over in pain, so we think she'll be ok....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your style is very unique in comparison to other people I have read stuff from.
I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark this blog.

my web-site: ny car insurance