Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Refresh

Do we think it's problematic that my new favorite thing to do at my desk is click the refresh button on my web browser? When I'm on the phone, waiting for whatever web search I'm doing to load or just avoiding things that I'd rather have on next week's to do list, I have become obsessive about clicking that damn button on our birthright stats page.

Really, it's classical conditioning gone mad, because either I am rewarded everytime by higher numbers (instant gratification), or I have to wait a few "refreshes" before I get a new, higher number (I don't exactly remember the official term for this, but basically, you click even more if you don't know if you're going to be rewarded or not). I feel like a lab rat.

And because I'm feeling ratty, I just ate a piece of cheese. We actually have a big hunk of swiss in the fridge (which somehow I think you always see at the end of the mazes), but I went for the handier mozzarella string cheese instead. Now if I could only find a maze.

Gotta go. I need to see if the numbers have gone up.

No comments: