Monday, January 01, 2007

Fluffy white towels

I drove up to Ramot today. It overlooks the Kinneret, and is sort of just across the Kinneret from Tiberius. And I only got just a little lost on my way here. Driving up the Bikaa road was beautiful as always, and as desolate as always, which is nice, until you find yourself behind the only truck for miles on curvy roads unsuitable for passing.

I checked in and was put into a chalet. This is not your regular hotel room. It's a stand-alone little wooden house, kind of like, well, a chalet. With a jacuzzi. And a sauna. And a big bowl of fruit. And big fluffy white towels. And a robe and slippers and fancy shampoos and conditioners that I've already taken. And a cappucino machine. And a DVD player. And too many remotes that I will never understand how to use (The one that has the most buttons, is only used to turn on and off the television. Go figure.) And the windows aren't drafty and there's a lot of heat. And I'm pretty sure that in the morning I'll see a small deck in the back with a table and chairs. All in all, I think it's completely unreasonable for them to put me in this room and then expect me to work for the next few days.

I think I'm headed to Tzfat tomorrow, which will be great. We've got a lot of groups there, and I'm interested to see the work that's been done since this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi would you mind letting me know which web host you're utilizing? I've
loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot
faster then most. Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a honest price?
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

my weblog; online truck