Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Coffee Shop Culture

I've written about this in the past, but now that I work at home and at the local (Milwaukee) coffee shops, it bears writing about again. I've been sitting here at Tal Bagels for almost four hours. I ordered breakfast soon after arriving, and just got the bill, and only because I specifically asked for it, a few minutes ago. The one thing that's definitely nicer about working here and not my local shops is that there is no music. I don't mind the music that Panera or Caribou or Stone Creek play, but it's always loud. Not too loud to work with, but too loud to be on the phone with.

Plus, breakfst here is good. And if you don't want both orange juice and coffee (because breakfast comes with both), they'll give you two coffees. You gotta love a place like that.

No comments: