Sunday, June 18, 2006

I nixed the three-peat

I decided this morning to skip hearing Avraham speak for the third time (this trip). Today I'm headed back up North for two nights in Tiberius. And tomorrow two of the final five buses arrive. The last three don't begin arriving until July.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my week off the end of June. Turkey is a possibility, but I'm not sure if I'll be comfortable going there as a vegetarian. Or I might just go to Eilat and veg out for a few days.

I think I forgot to mention that yesterday we had 6 students become bar/bat mitzvah. The ceremony was great, and 4 of the 6 students gave "speeches" that were real tear jerkers. The last one started with "I hope I haven't been dishonest or lied to anyone here....". Aryeh and I looked at each other and were more than a little concerned about what came next. It all turned out fine, but there was definitely a scary moment. (We didn't know if she was going to turn out to be a Messianic Jew and/or not Jewish at all -and that turns into all sorts of other problems for us vis a vis the program).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, WHAT came after the "hope I haven't been dishonest or lied..." part of the speech?

Anonymous said...

Thanks designed for sharing such a pleasant thinking, post is fastidious,
thats why i have read it completely

Review my site cheapest insurance companies