Sunday, June 04, 2006

Random Thoughts

I was driving back from Afula this morning, when I found myself stopped at at a light to the right of a cement truck with it's spout perilously close to my window. There was a slow drip of concrete and I was just thankful that the traffic this morning was much better than it was on Thursday (it's not like it could have been worse).

So over the past four days, I saw four different prisons (from the outside). The first was on the drive to Har Halutz with Steve. I thought it was curious that there was a walled city with a mosque that was clearly not Jericho, Jerusalem, Akko etc. [do prisons count as a walled city in terms of reading Megillah?] The second was on the way to the beach (but it turns out I'd passed a million times before) in Meggido which reportedly holds terrorists. The third was on the road this morning near Netanya, and the fourth was the HaSharon Prison, which looked like the most menacing of the group.

I also learned about a poisonous flower that grows along the side of the roads here. They're beautiful but deadly if you're going brew tea with them. Thankfully, the water had not yet come to a boil.

My vocabulary is improving, and is indicative of the experiences I've had. (In the past, I've had opportunities to learn the words for infusion and crutches.) Traffic, (as opposed to a bottleneck), leash, dill - you know, all of the important words for everyday conversation. It's the stringing them together that isn't proving to be so simple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, your mom is hilarious! Second, funny to hear about the prison at Meggido - I worked on an archeological dig there in '96 but can't remember a prison there. Holy smokes, that was 10 years ago! Glad to her you are well and are getting some free time... -Lauren

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.

Is it hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about creating my own
but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? With thanks

Feel free to surf to my weblog auto insurance online rate